Vinyasa Krama means “wise progression.” It refers to the ancient and time-tested principles of sequencing which are the foundation for the high art of truly skilled, compelling, and powerful teaching–the essential piece that separates great yoga teachers from the rest. In this training, you’ll learn how the intersection of yoga, ayurveda and Tantra is the basis for knowing how to sequence a practice(s) in order to achieve any one of an array of desired outcomes. Explore the principles for radical efficiency and effectiveness in your teaching, how to address specific physical/mental needs of your students, how to use asana holistically, maximize the bio-mechanics of your classes as well as the benefits of every class you teach and/or your personal practice.
In the Vinyasa Krama training, you will learn various methodologies to create a complete practice that embodies a theme and creates an intentional result.
Click here to see when Vinyasa Krama will be offered next.
This training is also available as an online course!
Subjects covered during the training include:
- The physical/bio-mechanic considerations of safe and effective sequencing
- The energetic effect of all major asanas
- Orchestrating the arc of a class at the levels of mind, body, and energy
- Heightening the accessibility to more challenging poses
- The asanas and pranayama practices that support particular meditation techniques
- Practice and the gunas (the three attributes of the natural world)
- Sequencing for your ayurvedic type
- Practice and its effect on the Three Essences
- Designing a practice to suit your life and aspirations
- The art of efficiency and effectiveness
- The online version of Vinyasa Krama: a state of the art platform
- An entirely rewritten and redesigned 150-plus page manual for Vinyasa Krama that follows the newly formatted and organized lectures point by point
- More than 150 different videos with separate asana, pranayama, and meditation practices, along with a new yoga nidra practice
- Quizzes and assignments
- Monthly video chats with Rod and online forums moderated by Rod and senior ParaYoga certified teachers.
- THE HEART OF YOGA by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140)