Thank you for enrolling in the ParaYoga Nidra Online Course, we’re glad you’ll be joining us for this experiential dive into the science of Yoga Nidra!
Please take the time to read this all the way through.
Here’s the great thing about this online offering: you get to set your own schedule and learn at your pace.
November 2022 participants will have access to the recordings until February 6th, 2023.
February 2023 participants will have access to the recordings until April 13th, 2023.
Live-Streams take place in US Mountain Time Zone (MST)
This course includes three live-stream Q&A sessions with Rod Stryker, please note these dates on your calendar:
Monday February 13 11:00-12:15pm MST
Monday February 27 11:00-12:15pm MST
Monday March 13 11:00-12:15pm MST
Here is a website to help you determine when these happen in your time zone:
Please submit your questions for the livestream Q&A sessions HERE.
Please try to submit your questions 3 days prior to the livestream. Anything submitted less than 3 days prior to the livestream may be answered in the following session.
The links to register for the live-streams will be posted on this page after February 6th.
Each will be recorded and the recording will be added to the course videos here on the Monday that follows.
The Manual is a downloadable part of this course: You can print it out or download/view from your computer; Rod refers to the manual throughout the training.
Enlightenment Without God: Mandukya Upanishad by Swami Rama
Finishing the Course, CEU’s, Etc:
Once you have completed all sessions and submitted both the book quiz and the course quiz, please reach out to us (email@example.com) and we will queue you up to receive a certificate that counts fully toward Yoga Alliance continuing education credits (40 hours total) as well as toward both the 300-hour ParaYoga Master Yoga Training and the Parayoga Nidra Certification Program.
This Course’s Page on the PY Website, where many of these details and more live: ParaYoga Nidra Online Course
New to Zoom?
We use Zoom for our live-streams, so if you are new to that platform, it’s worth it to get that set up in advance (it’s very easy and intuitive)
Main link to the Zoom platform:
Zoom Set Up Instructions
Please note: if you share a link to a live-stream with someone else, we will be able to see that you have done so as your email will show up more than once as a participant. This will result in you being asked to leave the session. It is important to maintain the privacy of the training in order to keep it fair for our students who have paid tuition.
Tips for the Zoom live-streams:
- Please keep video and audio turned off at all times unless you are in a breakout room. After breakout room sessions end, please remember to mute yourself and turn off your video. This will allow the experience to be free from unnecessary distractions and helps greatly with bandwidth.
- Q&A During the live-stream Q&As, please follow this protocol to ask a question: click Participants at the bottom and then you will see an option at the bottom right to “raise your hand.” This is how Rod will manage your questions; when it’s your turn, he’ll ask you to unmute yourself and turn on your video. We ask that you limit your entries into the chat feature, only using it during times designated by Rod. This will help minimize potential distractions for all participants.
- Live-streams will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start. We strongly recommend you join early and test your connection.
- Optimizing your wifi: setting up close to your router will improve your connectivity. I have also learned through having teenagers in my house that connection will be best when the wifi isn’t being used intensely by other people on the same wifi!
- Whenever possible, access the sessions using a laptop or desktop. Mobile compatibility is not available on all devices.
- Super Helpful Tip! It is recommended that you access the sessions using the Google Chrome browser. Safari and Explore browsers are not currently supported by Zoom.
- Should you have audio issues: there are various reasons why someone might not be able to hear the audio, including what hardware they are using, their browser, their browser’s security settings, and other IT permissions. Make sure your browser is allowing audio and video. In Google Chrome, go to Settings > Site Settings (under Privacy and Security) > Sound > Allow Sites To Play Sound.
- Make sure to have the latest version of Zoom running.
- Consider adding a profile picture as this is a lovely way to create community during online trainings when videos are turned off for much of the time
Finally, we use the following privacy waiver verbiage to communicate the importance of maintaining the privacy of all materials and links. This training––its links, recordings, and manual––are only for students who have registered for this training through ParaYoga.
By reading this email, you fully acknowledge that you have read and agreed with the terms of the waiver. (Please do not send back a signed copy, there is no need to do that).
If there is anything you do not agree with in relation to the disclaimer or have any questions or concerns you wish to raise, please feel free to get in touch with me. Your privacy and confidentiality with any matters you wish to raise will be fully respected and honored.
PRIVACY of Training Material: Confidentiality Clause and Agreement
I agree to not share and maintain the privacy of the teacher training material (zoom links to live online training sessions, recording links, audio, picture, video, text, print, closed, or any other digital/non-digital format) provided by ParaYoga. These materials are not to be shared at any time with any person who is not a part of the current training program in any format (print/copy/fax/email/link/audio/video/paper/or any other digital or non-digital format). As part of the breaking of this rule, I am subject to authoritative, administrative, and legal consequences.
Be Sure Our Emails Land In Your Inbox! Adding us to your contacts helps ensure communications land in your inbox and not your spam folder:
Finally, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions during your journey with ParaYoga!