The ParaYoga® Level III Certified Teacher designates those ParaYoga teachers who are qualified to lead Foundational ParaYoga Master Trainings (PYMTs). This is an opportunity for the most experienced ParaYoga teachers to expand their mastery and reach of the teachings as they continue serving the mission of ParaYoga.
Level III certified teachers are qualified to lead PYMT foundational courses, having demonstrated their expertise, depth of experience, knowledge, wisdom and skill in ParaYoga and as yoga teacher trainers.
Students, upon completing a foundational course, with a Level III teacher, are eligible to receive a certificate of completion and to apply course credit toward the ParaYoga Master Training Program curriculum and certification program.
Currently, Level III Certified ParaYoga Teachers are designated to teach:
Vinyasa Krama: The Energetics of Sequencing
Tantra Shakti: The Power and Radiant Soul of Yoga
- Level II ParaYoga status (in good standing for a minimum of 18 months prior to applying for Level III status).
- Prior teacher training experience. Level II certified teachers must have previously led or co-led a minimum of three Yoga Alliance approved teacher training programs (either 200 or 300 hour).
- RYT Yoga Alliance status (in good standing).
- An up-to-date signed ParaYoga Code of Ethics on file with the PY office.
- Submission of completed application for Level III status. All applications will be individually reviewed by Yogarupa. Yogarupa will make the final determination on the applicant’s application to become a Level III Certified ParaYoga Teacher, as founder of ParaYoga and the creator of its curriculum. All applicants will be subject to the same criteria:
- Applicant must embody the teachings and spirit that they aspire to transmit, that they have consistently demonstrated the qualities of exemplary and compassionate leadership.
- Applicant has a firm grasp of––and capacity to transmit––the ParaYoga Master Training curriculum (specifically Vinyasa Krama and Tantra Shakti content).
- A consistent history of acting in accordance with ParaYoga’s mission and cultural values.
- After acceptance, a signed contract and payment of fees will be required to participate.
Guidelines for Level III Teachers
All PYMTs courses are to be taught in their entirety, preserving and following the course curriculum as outlined in the most updated manuals (for the online courses).
PYMTs are to be taught as standalone modules or as part of a 300-hour training. For example, they can not be part of a 200-hour teacher training program, since there is simply not be enough time to cover the curriculum requirements of both a 200 hour training and one of the PYMTs concurrently according to Yoga Alliance standards.
Upon completion of the course, students will be administered automated written tests which cover the course content. They will need a satisfactory result (see below) in order to receive credit with ParaYoga for the completed course.
Students will receive full course credit toward the ParaYoga Master Training program and ParaYoga certification, who have enrolled in ParaYoga, completed a PYMT foundational course with a Level III teacher, passed the written test and completed all other course requirements.
ParaYoga provides the following PYMT support for Level III teachers:
- Access to the PDF versions of the PYMT manuals for each course (to be printed by the Level III teachers).
- Automated testing and results for those students seeking inclusion in the ParaYoga certification track.
- Certificate of completion from the ParaYoga office for each eligible student.
- Listing on the Upcoming PYMT page on the ParaYoga website.
- Upgraded profile as a Level III teacher on the ParaYoga website.
ParaYoga Level III Teacher Requirements:
- One time Level III enrollment fee of $1,800.00
- Per student fee of $100 for inclusion in the ParaYoga Master Training program and certification track, includes the cost of copyrighted manual supplied to each student enrolled.
- An application for Level III status.
- Provide students with the necessary details for taking the written test upon completion of the course. Students are required to achieve 82% correct answers or higher to be eligible to receive a certificate (students can take the test up to three times to reach the required result).
- Provide names and pertinent information to ParaYoga of each student applying for certification.
- Teacher is responsible for any additional material fees, workshop and advertising costs.
- Yearly submission of proof of liability insurance and renewal of ParaYoga annual dues.
- Current signed Code of Ethics filed with the ParaYoga office.
- Signed contract with commitment to follow the course curriculum.