This training counts fully toward the ParaYoga Master Training program and takes place on the following dates, see below for timing:
April 13-14, 16-18, 20-21, 23-25
Led by Level 3 Certified ParaYoga Teacher Mary Johnston-Coursey
Vinyasa Krama means “wise progression.” It refers to the ancient and time tested principles of sequencing which are the foundation for the high art of truly skilled, compelling and powerful asana teaching. It is the essential piece that separates great yoga teachers from the rest. In this training with renowned ParaYoga® Level 3 teacher Mary Johnston-Coursey, you’ll learn how the intersection of Yoga, Ayurveda and Tantra is the basis for knowing how to create a sequence that achieves any one of an array of desired outcomes.
Explore the principles for radical efficiency and effectiveness in your teaching; learn how to address specific physical/mental needs of your students, how to interweave asana with pranayama and meditation, and how to skillfully apply the bio-mechanics of asana to maximize the benefits of every class you teach and/or your personal practice.
The Vinyasa Krama training focuses on various methodologies to create a complete practice that embodies a theme and creates an intentional result.
- The physical/bio-mechanic considerations of safe and affective sequencing
- The energetic effect of all major asanas
- Orchestrating the arc of a class at the levels of mind, body, and energy
- Heightening the accessibility to more challenging poses
- The asanas and pranayama practices that support particular meditation techniques
- Practice and the gunas (the three attributes of the natural world)
- Sequencing for your ayurvedic type
- Practice and its affect on the Three Essences
- Designing a practice to suit your life and aspirations
- The art of efficiency and effectiveness
- An entirely rewritten and redesigned 150-plus page manual for Vinyasa Krama that follows the newly formatted and organized lectures point by point
The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140)
It is recommended that you read it before the workshop begins. For those of you interested in receiving course credit for your Level I or II Certification with ParaYoga and/or the Yoga Alliance RYT program, the reading and its corresponding book quiz is mandatory.
Note: In order to receive credit toward ParaYoga certification and Yoga Alliance RYT programs, as well as your certificate of completion for this training, you must complete a google form quiz for this book, submitting it to us within six weeks following the completion of the training. You will not receive credit for submissions after the deadline; there are no make-up assignments. The google form will be sent out by the ParaYoga office the month the training takes place and can also be found right here: https://forms.gle/2qoLSfekd8ypHHMb9
Counts fully towards 300 hour certification with Mary
Counts fully towards the ParaYoga Master Training Program
CEs for RYTs: 40
Early Bird: $720 until January 26th (Use code YOGA1 at checkout)
Repeat Students: 30% Discount (use code REPEAT at checkout)
US Mountain Time Zone (MDT)
Tuesdays and Wednesdays lecture only – 4:00-5:30
Saturdays and Sundays 9:00-5:30