Kosha, Kriya, Yoga: Unleashing the Science of Soul
A 40-Hour In-Person or Online ParaYoga Master Training & Immersion
Led by Tricia Fiske at Prana Yoga Center in Geneva, IL
April 5, 12, 19, 26 & May 3, 10 & 17 || Daily Schedule: 11:00am – 4:oopm CST
The ancient teachings on the koshas (the five coverings of the soul) are indispensable to understanding yoga as a holistic practice––and to being able to more skillfully apply the wisdom they carry. The highest expression of this wisdom is found at the confluence of three distinct wisdom traditions: Yoga, Tantra and Vedanta. Collectively they illuminate nothing less than the most profound experience of life and the highest plateaus of yoga practice.
Through theory, practice and the insights of the ancient written and oral traditions, we explore these vital teachings and the specific practices that touch each of the five individual koshas. This leads to greater balance, wisdom, and freedom.
Senior ParaYoga Faculty Member, Tricia Fiske, will lead you on a journey toward understanding for personal practice and, for those of you who are teachers, your students’ practice as well. This 40-hour training is designed for dedicated practitioners, aspiring teachers, or those already teaching.
Some of the topics that will be covered throughout the course include:
- The interplay between mind and energy
- The interplay of body and mind: How to change the body through mindfulness and other techniques.
- Holistic sequencing: Accessing the hidden powers of the whole person
- Bandhas and mudras: The tantric yoga approach to transforming mental patterns
- Self-reflection techniques that strengthen and embolden a constructive personality
- Antahkarana: The structure of mind
- Specific approaches to relaxation practices including yoga nidra that awaken buddhi
- Meditation: How to transform the seeds of destiny
The completion of at least one other PYMT is strongly recommended prior to attending this course, but not required. This can be accomplished by taking one of our online trainings: ParaYoga Master Training Online Curriculum