“Desire is here to stay. The challenge we all face, and that I intend to guide you through, is to learn how to take into account the full measure of who you are and use the positive force of all four of your soul’s desires––dharma, the desire to become who you were meant to be, artha, the desire for the means to help you fulfill your dharma, kama, the desire for pleasure of all kinds, and moksha, the desire for freedom and a connection to the Eternal––to lead you to your best life.”
I am thrilled to have at my fingertips the extraordinary genius of Rod’s teachings as offered in “The Four Desires.” Regardless of one’s yogic experience, Rod guides us to uncover the beauty, power and purpose of our lives. This book is an incredible gift to have both as a teacher and student, and I am excited to use it as a resource for my own continued growth and self-discovery.
– Seane Corn, yoga instructor, co-founder Off the Mat, Into the World
This wise and richly practical book, written by master teacher Rod Stryker, is a roadmap for achieving your soul’s call to greatness, your spiritual and material dreams––in short, to becoming the person you were meant to be. It is filled with revealing true stories, provocative exercises, and practices for unlocking your inner guidance.
• Discover your soul’s unique purpose –– the one you came into this world to fulfill
• Recognize the immediate goal(s) that your soul aspires you to accomplish at any given time and enliven your capacity to achieve them.
• Overcome self-defeating ideas and behavior
• Discover how anything, including your challenges, are actually helping to guide you to a better life
• Learn to live with joy at every stage of your growth
THE FOUR DESIRES is nothing less than a complete path toward living your best life possible—a life that is rich in meaning and in means, a life that attracts and emanates happiness, a life that is your unique gift to yourself and the world.
Please note that the ParaYoga office does not handle wholesale orders for The Four Desires. If you are interested in a wholesale order for the book, please contact Stacy Berenbaum at Random House:firstname.lastname@example.org , 212-572-2378.