This bundle includes The Four Desires Book and
The Four Desires Workbook, the action companion to The Four Desires book.
“Desire is here to stay. The challenge we all face, and which I intend to guide you through, is to learn how to take into account the full measure of who you are and use the positive force of all four of your soul’s desires to lead you to your best life.”
About The Four Desires:
According to ancient Yogic tradition, your soul has four distinct desires:
• The desire for purpose, the drive to become who you are meant to be
• The desire for the means (money, security, health) to prosper in this world
• The desire for pleasures like intimacy, beauty, and love
• The desire for spiritual fulfillment and lasting freedom
Learning to honor these four desires is the key to happiness, and to a complete and balanced life. But how can you discern what will truly satisfy your desires? How can you increase your capacity to achieve them? What if your desires seem to conflict with one another? Is it really possible to live a spiritual life while also wanting material pleasures and success?
For more than three decades, master teacher Rod Stryker has taught yoga in the context of its deepest philosophy. His course, called The Four Desires, has helped thousands recognize their soul’s call to greatness and to achieve their dreams. Now, in this wise and practical book, he has distilled those broad teachings into a roadmap for becoming the person you were meant to be. It is filled with revealing true stories, provocative exercises, and practices for unlocking your inner guidance. And even if you’ve never done a yoga pose, you can follow this step-by-step process to:
• Discover your soul’s unique purpose—the one you came into this world to fulfill.
• Recognize the goal(s) you need to focus on at any given time and enliven your capacity to reach them.
• Overcome self-defeating ideas and behaviors.
• Recruit your deepest energies and strengthen your resolve to meet any challenge.
• Learn to live with joy at every stage of your growth.
The Four Desires is nothing less than a complete path toward living your best life possible—a life that is rich in meaning and in means, a life that attracts and emanates happiness, a life that is your unique gift to yourself and the world.
The Four Desires Workbook is the action companion to The Four Desires book; it is intended to make it easy for you to complete the process detailed in the book. It directs you, one step at a time, to the life your heart longs for you to live and is prepared to guide you to…the very life you may have been quietly—or not so quietly—dreaming of living.
•Interactively walks you through all the major touch-points of the process from The Four Desires book.
•Includes all the new material being taught at live The Four Desires events since the book’s release.
•Features content and helpful hints to ensure that you complete the process and get the full benefits of this powerful and life-changing process.
•References the exact pages from the book you need to read to complete all of the vital steps for each of the exercises.