ParaYoga is proud to have offered weekend immersion scholarships through The Black Yoga Teachers Alliance since February 2018. In the spirit of creating more inclusivity, we have opened up that scholarship program to now include our larger Master Trainings and Continuing Education Trainings. This means that there are BYTA scholarships available now for both of the 2020 fall ParaYoga Master Trainings, Marma and Kundalini.
BYTA is a non-profit collective of teachers who share a love of health, healing and well-being, comprised of yoga teachers who represent the broad expansiveness of the African Diaspora. “We live on every inhabited continent, speak many languages, and have a broad range of cultural, socio-economic and political views. We embody different sizes, shapes and colors, but in Spirit we are One. We offer a wide range of lineages, styles, perspectives, approaches and paths to yoga that are multi-faceted and reflect the tremendous diversity inherent within our community.”
The Black Yoga Teachers Alliance’s Mission is to:
• To support the educational and professional development of black yoga teachers.
• To establish our own standard of excellence and elevate the presence of black
yoga teachers in the world.
• To provide a business and social network for black yoga teachers throughout the
U.S. and abroad.
• To serve as a catalyst to connect black yoga teachers with opportunities to train,
teach and travel.
• To reach out and share the peace and power of yoga with others all over
To learn more about BYTA or to make a tax-deductible donation, please visit their website: http://www.blackyogateachersalliance.org/