The ParaYoga® Master Training (PYMT) Program is one of the most in-depth Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Programs in the world. The curriculum has been meticulously developed by Yogarupa Rod Stryker to ensure that all accredited ParaYoga® teachers are steeped in the principles, philosophies and practices of ParaYoga®.
Here are four ways you can approach your journey with ParaYoga:
- Journey through the PYMT Program to deepen into your practice, for no other reason. Many students do this.
- Journey through the PYMT Program in order to get your Yoga Alliance certificate (see below).
- Journey through the PYMT Program and, once your are eligible, take the exam (written exam + video submission, details below) to become a Level 1 Certified ParaYoga Teacher.
- A combination of 2. and 3. – Journey through the PYMT Program in order to get your Yoga Alliance credentialing AND move through our exam process to become a Certified ParaYoga Teacher.
Yoga Alliance Certification
The ParaYoga Master Training program has been a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance since 2001. It is by design an advanced yoga teacher training.
When the first four trainings are taken online, completion of the 10 PYMTs culminates in a 300-hour YA certification. In other words, for students who already have a Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate from another school, completion of the PYMT program this way will fulfill the YA’s requirements for its 500-hour status.
If you take some of the online courses live with our Level 3 teachers, you may be able to achieve the 300 hours by taking less PYMTs, hours are calculated on a case-by-case basis, depending on how many of the online courses are taken live. This ensures you have enough contact hours to be eligible for Yoga Alliance accreditation.
Who Are Certified ParaYoga Teachers:
ParaYoga® certified teachers have demonstrated a clear ability to expertly guide others into the practices of ParaYoga®. Their study and practice is validated through rigorous testing. To find a teacher, please view our certified teacher directory.
As a ParaYoga® Certified Teacher, you will:
- Learn the art of sharing the teachings of ParaYoga with all levels of students
- Gain the skill to create and lead a wide variety of classes
- Design practices to meet specific needs of individual students or groups
- Connect to the lineage of ParaYoga and the tradition of the Himalayan sages of which it is a part
- Embody excellence in teaching and in life
ParaYoga Level I Certification
Requires completion of the following six PYMTs: Vinyasa Krama, Tantra Shakti, Secrets of the Sutras, Prana Shakti, ParaYoga Marma, and a 3-Day Four Desires immersion. Also required are the completion of the trainings’ corresponding required reading and book quizzes, regular personal practice (turned in quarterly) and individual evaluation (through both written testing and a formal review of applicant’s teaching).
ParaYoga Level II Certification
Requires completion of all 10 PYMTs. In other words, after receiving the Level I certification, applicants must take Koshas, Kundalini, Yoga Nidra and Guru Parampara. Also required are the completion of corresponding required reading and book quizzes, additional teaching and personal practice requirements and individual evaluation (through both written testing and a formal review of applicant’s teaching).
The ParaYoga® Level III Certified Teacher designates those ParaYoga teachers who are qualified to lead Foundational ParaYoga Master Trainings (PYMTs). This is an opportunity for the most experienced ParaYoga teachers to expand their mastery and reach of the teachings as they continue serving the mission of ParaYoga. Level III certified teachers are qualified to lead PYMT foundational courses, having demonstrated their expertise, depth of experience, knowledge, wisdom and skill in ParaYoga and as yoga teacher trainers. Students, upon completing a foundational course with a Level III teacher, are eligible to receive a certificate of completion and to apply course credit toward the ParaYoga Master Training Program curriculum and certification program.