This training counts toward the ParaYoga Master Training program.
Click here to register through Yoga Madre!
Vinyasa Krama means “wise progression.” It refers to the ancient and time tested principles of sequencing which are the foundation for the high art of truly skilled, compelling and powerful teaching–the essential piece that separates great yoga teachers from the rest. In this training with renowned ParaYoga® Level III teacher René Quenell, you’ll learn how the intersection of yoga, ayurveda and Tantra is the basis for knowing how to sequence a practice(s) in order to achieve any one of an array of desired outcomes. Explore the principles for radical efficiency and effectiveness in your teaching, how to address specific physical/mental needs of your students, how to use asana holistically, maximizing the bio-mechanics of your classes as well as how to maximize the benefits of every class you teach and/or your personal practice.
In the Vinyasa Krama training, you will learn various methodologies to create a complete practice that embodies a theme and creates an intentional result.
Please click here for more information: yogamadre.com
- The physical/bio-mechanic considerations of safe and affective sequencing
- The energetic effect of all major asanas
- Orchestrating the arc of a class at the levels of mind, body, and energy
- Heightening the accessibility to more challenging poses
- The asanas and pranayama practices that support particular meditation techniques
- Practice and the gunas (the three attributes of the natural world)
- Sequencing for your ayurvedic type
- Practice and its affect on the Three Essences
- Designing a practice to suit your life and aspirations
- The art of efficiency and effectiveness
- An entirely rewritten and redesigned 150-plus page manual for Vinyasa Krama that follows the newly formatted and organized lectures point by point
The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140)
It is recommended that you read it before the workshop begins. For those of you interested in receiving course credit for your Level I or II Certification with ParaYoga and/or the Yoga Alliance RYT program, the reading and its corresponding book report is mandatory.
In order to receive future credit toward RYT and/or ParaYoga® certification, your book report for this training needs to be submitted to us (via email) within six weeks after the completion of the training. You will not receive credit for submissions after the deadline; there are no make-up assignments.