Scroll Down To Register!
Prerequisites: We strongly recommend you take
Vinyasa Krama prior to attending this course, either live or online.
Hatha Yoga includes the practices of Asana, Pranayama, Bandha, Mudra, Visualization, Kriya, Mantra, the science of the Chakras, Ayurveda, and Kundalini. Unfortunately, little of the knowledge of this glorious tradition is known or available to modern teachers and practitioners. The Sanskrit term “Marma” means: sensitivity, secret, or the core of something.
The Parayoga Marma Master Training (PYMT) explores Yoga as a practice with the power to reach, heal, and awaken the light of human potential. In it we learn to see and share Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation as foundations for the deeper intent of Yoga. Through practice, theory, and teaching exercises we highlight the practical wisdom teachers need to know and work with to help students experience the richness that Yoga potentially offers. The aim of this five-day practice and Teacher Training Intensive is to lead you into Marma itself – awakening your sensitivity to work with others, as well as, the principles of enlightened practice.
The training focuses on four main themes:
1. Asana and the techniques of yoga as pranayama – a method for transforming and directing prana (subtle energy).
2. The power and science of sequencing, yoga as a truly energetic-minded practice.
3. How to adjust bodies with your hands, hearts with your voice, being, and intent.
4. The art of growing yourself as a teacher and visionary.
The heart of these sessions is a dynamic and transformative practice: Vinyasa, holdings, teachings on alignment, contemplation, pranayama, meditation, and plenty of theory. Sequences highlight the core themes of the training.
The training is open to all interested and committed students – teachers and non-teachers alike are welcome. All sessions include lecture, asana practices, meditation, group work and Q & A sessions.
Yogarupa recommends that for that the month or two prior to the start of the training you begin or recommit to your meditation practice. It will be an invaluable aid to understanding the course curriculum as well as contributing to your overall experience of the training.
Yogarupa’s Thoughts On Converting Marma to an Online Training During COVID-19
I pray that you and your close ones are doing well in the midst of these changing times. Your health and well-being is of the highest priority to us. In lieu of COVID-19, we have been closely monitoring global protocols. It is clear from science-based recommendations that many parts of the world are still suggesting limited travel and extending social distancing practices. Indeed, many countries continue to ban anything but “essential travel.”
Here is what we have determined: it has been a very difficult decision to make. Bali, we will miss you!
Marma will now take place via Zoom on the MDT United States Time Zone. We have plans to create training experiences specifically for those of you in the Bali/AU and other time zones (see the Schedule at the bottom of the page to learn more about these Follow Up Q&A Sessions).
Recordings will be made available to participants so that you can view at your convenience, regardless of whether you participate live or with the recordings. They will be available for those who attend for 4 months after training is complete.
The entirety of the program (lectures, Q&A and practices) will be available via these stream-only recordings; you will have access to them for four months after the wrap of the training, so that you can continue learning from them. In their online form, both Marma and Kundalini will count toward our ParaYoga Certification Program as well as toward our Yoga Alliance 300-hour program and Yoga Alliance continuing education.
- The tuition for this course has been discounted: instead of the $750 it was originally when it was scheduled to be held in Bali, it is now $550. In spring 2020, I led four such trainings. This has given me the opportunity to reaffirm the viability of presenting and interacting digitally and refine learning strategies. In many ways, it has proven itself to be as effective as if I had taught live. At the end of each training we have received a lot of feedback from participants, thanking us for conducting the events digitally.Zoom makes it possible, without traveling or gathering in large groups, to interface individually and collectively with the group. Sangha (group engagement and fellowship of like-minded seekers) is possible and encouraged in this way. Through the live Q&A sessions and breakout sessions, participants have the opportunity to work closely with others, sharing their experiences and insights. I have been heartened to watch this deepen participant’s overall experience, create community and provide interactivity.
The most meaningful feedback I received were the expressions of gratitude, specifically the value of doing the program in lieu of the profound challenges of the global climate at present. People were relieved and reinvigorated by having the teachings take center stage in their life.
These days, I find myself repeating: “Now, more than ever.” In times like these it is possible that steeping yourself in these teachings could be even more impactful, both in the short and long-term, than they might be otherwise.
Black Yoga Teachers Alliance
ParaYoga is pleased to offer scholarships for this training through the Black Yoga Teachers Alliance whose mission is to support the educational and professional development of black yoga teachers, establish a standard of excellence and elevate the presence of black yoga teachers in the world. Please email email@example.com to request an application.
Click here to learn more.