Mary Johnston-Coursey, Certified Four Desires Trainer and ParaYoga© Level III Teacher, will lead you through the step-by-step Four Desires process developed by Yogarupa Rod Stryker. This training counts fully toward the ParaYoga Master Training program.
THE FOUR DESIRES is a modern rendition of an ancient approach to self-transformation. It is a game-changer. This is not a traditional book group, but is process-oriented and draws from ancient Vedic teachings around self-reflection. With the guidance of a teacher to introduce and lead these practices, this course will offer supportive tools intended to unfold our highest purpose, our soul’s calling, and lead us onto a path of courage and joy.
The Four Desires process helps us identify Dharma – our soul’s unique purpose, and that which brings the deepest joy. We then uncover Vikalpa – the very hidden and insidious obstacles that sabotage and prevent us from manifesting our highest purpose. Finally, we establish Sankalpa – an intention that aligns with Dharma to move us forward along our path. Ultimately, we will learn a process of dissolving our obstacles as we simultaneously empower our desires.
The Four Desires process is based on science – the yogic science of manifestation. Our lives have a trajectory, largely determined by unconscious thought patterns that are driving us in one direction, while blocking us from our highest potential. Once we identify these thought patterns. they loosen their hold on us. We use the practices of self-reflection, meditation, and yoga nidra to bypass the intellect and access the unconscious mind as well as the Buddhi – our inner guide of wisdom. By cultivating our intuitive wisdom and planting seeds of intention directly into the unconscious mind, we completely transform the trajectory of our life. We begin to answer the calling of the soul, and our life becomes the manifestation of our soul desires.
Each session will include lecture / discussion followed by guided meditation, and journaling that grows out of meditation. Be prepared for simple asana before we meditate. Guided meditations and yoga nidra will be recorded and available for all students to take home.
Pre-Requisite: No previous yoga experience needed to attend the Four Desires Workshop
- Local organic vegetarian lunch daily (Bend Oregon Course only)
- Follow-up Session (via Skype or E-Mail – Bend Oregon Course)
- Full accreditation towards ParaYoga ® certification
- Credit towards 300 Hour YA Certification with Mary Johnston-Coursey
- Four Desires workbook
- Recordings of meditations and yoga made available to students after the training
Mary has found her passion and purpose in life sharing the deeper teachings of Yoga with her students. She first found her teacher, Rod Stryker, in 2004. Since her initiation in 2010, she has realized that her life has been guiding her towards this ParaYoga lineage all along. She is happy to be home, and honored to be a part of a Sri Vidya Tantric tradition dating back several thousand years. Within Para Yoga, Mary is certified Level III and certified as a Four Desires Trainer. She is also certified E-RYT 500 through Yoga Alliance, and certified in Yoga Therapy through Body Balance Yoga.
Key Topics Covered:
- Understand the role of desire in the spiritual life
- Clarify your missions of need, pleasure, purpose, and spirit
- Access intuition, self-awareness, and omniscience
- Learn to recognize and undo the beliefs and tendencies that sabotage fulfillment
- Learn the spiritual principles of shaping personal destiny
- Transform through deep relaxation and new life-affirming intentions
- Release the bondage of negative thinking as self-fulfilling prophecy
- Use any and all life-experiences as leverage to greater freedom
Required Reading: The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity and Freedom by Rod Stryker. We strongly recommend you read the Introduction and Parts I – III prior to the start of the course. The workbook will be provided as part of the course. We also recommend getting The Four Desires CD that has accompanying meditations. Both book and CD are available here.
CEs for RYTs: 24