Welcome to Vinyasa Krama!
This training offers students and teachers of all levels the opportunity to experience and learn how to share the full scope and life-changing promise of yoga. Created and taught by Yogarupa Rod Stryker, one of the world‘s leading yoga and meditation teachers and founder of ParaYoga®, this course guides you deep into the science of yoga practice. Combining the key teachings of Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda, it walks you step-by-step into an in-depth and comprehensive study of the limitless potential of practice through integrated lecture/study and experiential content. You will learn to masterfully apply the principles and practices of the yoga tradition to positively affect the whole of your–or your students’––life.
Vinyasa Krama is based on a 40-hour, 5-day training and is comprised of 133 videos organized into 32 chapters. It counts fully toward the ParaYoga Master Training Program.
Vinyasa Krama (“wise progression”) refers to the science of sequencing. It is the body of knowledge that allows you to systematically design classes to achieve specific goals, through a carefully crafted progression–– practices with a seamless beginning, middle and end. Your study of Vinyasa Krama will include the time-tested systems of knowledge of Ayurveda––the science of well being; pranayama—the science of breath; asana––the methodology related to our bodily systems; meditation––the science of mind, and ultimately, soul and tantra—the ancient tradition that weaves together the worlds of spirit, energy and matter.
These core teachings are the source for your study and practice throughout the training. All the course components (including the online platform, downloadable manual, automated quizzes and assignments) allow you to assimilate the essential knowledge you’ll need to be able to design the safest, most efficient and most effective classes. By the time you are done, you will have a new appreciation for the reach and power of practice; you will be prepared to design an array of classes with specific outcomes and to teach yoga as a holistic science––one that that touches body, mind and soul.
Is this course right for my level?
This course has been designed for dedicated students and teachers of all levels, who want to practice or teach more masterfully.
The course features a synergistic blend of theory and practice, supporting materials, automated quizzes and assignments. Lectures progress systematically, focusing on translating the key insights of the ancient tradition and translating them into the practical knowledge you’ll use to create exceptional classes. A downloadable 140-plus page manual with cross-referencing to corresponding videos, provides additional study content. Nine different practices highlighting specific approaches to asana, pranayama and meditation techniques have been partitioned throughout the course, allowing you to easily locate a practice and repeat it again and again. In addition, there is a guided yoga nidra practice. Each of these deepens your understanding of the breadth of possible outcomes and the process for designing intentional practices.
Automated quizzes have been placed strategically throughout the course, allowing you to assess your comprehension of the main study points. A final assignment encapsulates the entirety of the course. The required reading assignment, The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar, helps you to further your mastery of the program’s concepts.
Successful completion of the course, including its assignments and required reading, makes you eligible for curriculum credit toward ParaYoga’s Yoga Alliance approved 300-hour Master Yoga Training as well as ParaYoga Certification. We are here to guide you on your journey; if you have any questions, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Reading: THE HEART OF YOGA by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140 or Parts I and II)
• Comprehensive video lectures translate complex topics into user-friendly language.
• Watch and learn with dynamic visual demonstrations.
• Bring the teachings onto your mat through asana and meditation practices.
• Learn from a master teacher in the comfort of your home.
In this course you will explore:
- The strategy for creating the most powerful, effective, and purposeful sequences for yourself or your students.
- The wisdom and power of Yoga: a synergy of Yoga, Ayurveda and Tantra.
- Yoga as a process to increase vital force, to heal body, mind and soul.
- The art of building up to and coming down from an apex pose.
- The energetic effects of all asanas.
- Yoga practice as a holistic science, where posture, breath and meditation blend into a complete and integrated approach.
- Different approaches to meditation and their unique effects.
- The art of sequencing to maximize biomechanical safety and effectiveness.
- The foundation for practicing or teaching yoga therapy.
- How to adapt practices, based on your or your students’ changing needs.
- Asana, pranayama and meditation practice for a lifetime of practice and/or teaching.
This course is one of four online trainings that comprise the ParaYoga Online Curriculum:
These are the first four and most foundational modules of the
300-hour ParaYoga Master Training Program.
How does it work?
- You will access your downloadable 150 page manual, filled with in-depth supporting documents and images. This copyrighted material is yours to keep and use forever.
- Lectures, practices and specific assignments, all of which have been meticulously organized into 32 chapters, progressively lead you through the course.
- You will be able to repeat all or part of distinct asana, pranayama and meditation practices, each of which has been designed to complement the lecture content. This course is ungated, meaning you can move around the course as you like; we strongly recommend that the first time you move through the course, you do so by following the sequential order.
- The course includes interspersed quizzes with automated features, providing you with instant feedback about your comprehension of the main study points. A scored on each quiz of 80% or higher is required to successfully complete the course.
- Assignments throughout the course are in place to help you integrate what you are learning and do not need to be submitted to ParaYoga. Only the final assignment in the final chapter needs to be submitted.
- Successful completion of the course, including all quizzes, the final assignment and required reading, makes you eligible for curriculum credit toward ParaYoga’s Yoga Alliance approved 300-hour Master Yoga Training as well as ParaYoga Certification.
Looking for some extra guidance with this course? Certified ParaYoga Level 3 teachers are living and practicing the Para Yoga teachings and can help by giving you one-on-one assistance on your journey. Click here to learn more.