Welcome to Prana Shakti!
Prana Shakti: The Power and Path of Yoga will deepen your practice and understanding of how to increase, balance and channel prana (life-force) through asana, pranayama and meditation in order to positively impact your or your student’s physical, mental, emotional and spiritual life.
Prana Shakti is based on a 40-hour, 5-day training and is comprised of 85 videos organized into 17 chapters. It counts fully toward the ParaYoga Master Training Program.
Prana is the force of life. Without its grace, transformation would literally be impossible. Thus, in yoga it is everything essential. The science of Prana (Prana Vidya) is the knowledge of building and directing life-force to awaken the fullest potential of yoga and life. These teachings and techniques—detailed in the Vedas, Upanishads and Tantras—detail the hidden keys to happiness, power and success. In the hands of a capable practitioner or teacher, applying this wisdom has the potential to empower you at every level. They reveal how you can change the quality of the Pranic (subtle or etheric) body to affect everything from health, to state of mind, to a deepening of spiritual awareness.
Led by master teacher Yogarupa Rod Stryker, the practices weave together dynamic asana, pranayama, bandha, mudra and meditation, and are dedicated to enlivening awareness of your connection to the power of the Pranic realm as well as to transforming how you see practice, yourself and your capacity in the world
Is this course right for my level?
The Prana Shakti training will be meaningful to all interested students, and is designed to enrich experienced practitioners, aspiring teachers or those already teaching. Please note that while it is not required, we strongly suggest completing Vinyasa Krama and Tantra Shakti prior to enrolling in this training.
The course features a synergistic blend of theory and practice, supporting materials, automated quizzes and various assignments. The lectures methodically progress, focusing on translating the key insights of the ancient tradition into the practical knowledge you’ll use to create exceptional classes. A downloadable 80 page manual with cross-referencing to corresponding videos, provides additional study content. Multiple practices that highlight specific approaches to asana, pranayama and meditation techniques have been partitioned throughout the course, allowing you to easily locate a practice and repeat it again and again. In addition, there is a guided yoga nidra practice. The synergy of these dynamic learning elements will deepen your understanding of Prana.
Automated quizzes have been placed strategically throughout the course, allowing you to assess your comprehension of the main study points. A final assignment encapsulates the entirety of the course. The required reading assignment, The Path of Fire and Light (Volume 2) by Swami Rama, helps you to further your mastery of the program’s concepts.
Successful completion of the course, including its assignments and required reading, makes you eligible for curriculum credit toward ParaYoga’s Yoga Alliance approved 300-hour Master Yoga Training as well as ParaYoga Certification. We are here to guide you on your journey; if you have any questions, please reach out to us: email@example.com.
Required Reading: THE PATH OF FIRE AND LIGHT (VOLUME 2) by Swami Rama
• Comprehensive video lectures translate complex topics into user-friendly language.
• Watch and learn with dynamic visual demonstrations.
• Bring the teachings onto your mat through asana and meditation practices.
• Learn from a master teacher in the comfort of your home.
In this course you will explore:
- The prana of asana
- Essentials of the meridian system
- Linking breath and consciousness
- The mind and energetics of thought
- Bandha – gathering your life force
- Mastering mind and life
- The energetic alchemy of spiritual experience
- Accessing the subtle body through yogic relaxation
- Purifying the subtle body
This course is one of four online trainings that comprise the ParaYoga Online Curriculum:
These are the first four and most foundational modules of the
300-hour ParaYoga Master Training Program.
How does it work?
- You will access a downloadable 80 page manual, filled with in-depth supporting documents and images. This copyrighted material is yours to keep and use forever.
- Lectures, practices and specific assignments, all of which have been meticulously organized into 17 chapters, progressively lead you through the course.
- You will be able to repeat all or part of distinct asana, pranayama and meditation practices, each of which has been designed to complement the lecture content. This course is ungated, meaning you can move around the course as you like; we strongly recommend that the first time you move through the course, you do so by following the sequential order.
- The course includes interspersed quizzes with automated features, providing you with instant feedback about your comprehension of the main study points. A scored on each quiz of 80% or higher is required to successfully complete the course.
- Assignments throughout the course are in place to help you integrate what you are learning and do not need to be submitted to ParaYoga. Only the final assignment in the final chapter needs to be submitted.
- Successful completion of the course, including all quizzes, the final assignment and required reading, makes you eligible for curriculum credit toward ParaYoga’s Yoga Alliance approved 300-hour Master Yoga Training as well as ParaYoga Certification.
Looking for some extra guidance with this course? Certified ParaYoga Level 3 teachers are living and practicing the Para Yoga teachings and can help by giving you one-on-one assistance on your journey. Click here to learn more.