Book Reports are required for ParaYoga Certification.
To receive a certificate for completing any one or all of the ParaYoga courses, or to receive credit toward ParaYoga teacher certification, you must submit the corresponding book report for each course (see the ParaYoga Master Training Reading List below).
Book Report Guidelines
While writing your book report, keep in mind that this is not a test. This is your opportunity to consolidate your understanding of both the course and reading content. Upon reading the material, describe how the book relates to the training, along with your experiences and insights about the reading. Enjoy it.
2. Email Address:
3. Title of Book:
4. Write a two to four paragraph overview/synopsis of the book.
5. Write one paragraph on what you consider the three most important teachings of the book (three paragraphs total). Be specific. In what ways will it impact your teaching?
6. Write one paragraph on each of the three most relevant topics as it relates to teaching (three paragraphs total). Be specific. In what ways will it impact your teaching?
7. Write one paragraph on what you perceive, as the most compelling points as it relates to practice. Be specific.
- All reports need to be submitted in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format.
- Please make sure your file is titled in the same format as the following example: (Your Name)_(name of training)(the year you did the training).doc (i.e. Ganesh B. Happy_Marma_2017.doc).
- When you are ready to submit your book report, please email it as an attached Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure to include: your full name, title and date of training, and “book report” in your subject line, (i.e. Ganesh B. Happy_Kosha 2017_Book Report.”
Books for the ParaYoga Master Trainings:
- THE HEART OF YOGA by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140 or Parts I and II)
- TANTRA UNVEILED by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
- THE SECRET OF THE YOGA SUTRA by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
- THE PATH OF FIRE AND LIGHT (VOLUME 2) by Swami Rama
- YOGA AND AYURVEDA by David Frawley
- ENLIGHTENMENT WITHOUT GOD: MANDUKYA UPANISHAD by Swami Rama
- YOGA AND PSYCHOTHERAPY–THE EVOLUTION OF CONSCIOUSNESS by Swami Rama
- AGHORA 2 KUNDALINI by Robert Svoboda
- MANTRA AND THE MYSTERY OF INITIATION by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
The Four Desires:
- THE FOUR DESIRES by Rod Stryker